A massage that combines the techniques and principles of massage therapy with the Indian traditional system of medicine, the Ayurveda, is called an Ayurvedic massage. Ayurvedic massage uses various techniques like pressure, vibration and is done with aromatic essential oils to give a holistic massage that reduces pain and stress and promotes relaxation. Abhyanga is one of the most powerful Ayurvedic massage procedure that offers numerous benefits. Check the different types of massages offered by the Best Spa and Massage Center in Chennai.
Abhyanga means’ self-massage with oil’. An Abhyanga massage involves manipulation and kneading of the soft muscles of the body with warm essential oils. Enjoy the benefits of the Best Abhyanga Massage at The Best Spa and Massage Center in T. Nagar.
How is the Abhyanga Massage Given?
Book an appointment at the Best Spa and Massage Center in Porur for getting an Ayurvedic Massage to completely rejuvenate and recharge yourself. Once you reach the Center you can discuss any concerns or medical issues you have with the therapist. Next, you will be taken to the massage room and asked to undress according to your comfort levels.
The choice of the right essential oil is the first and most important step in this massage. The oil chosen depends on your body type or dosha and your skin type. Ayurveda principle recognizes three types of doshas namely, Vata, Kapha and pitta. The commonly used essential oils are
- Sesame Oil or Avocado Oil or Almond Oil for Dry and Cold skin
- Sunflower Oil or Coconut Oil for Warm and Sensitive Skin
- Flaxseed Oil for Soft and Oily Skin
- The therapist then heats the oil until it is warm.
- The therapist will then use the warm oil to give a massage. The massage usually begins from the ears, moves to the head and then to the other parts of the body. Long gliding and circular strokes are usually used by the therapist to give a massage.
- Light pressure is usually given on sensitive areas such as the heart and abdomen. The therapist applies a little more pressure and spends more time on the palms of the hands, soles of the feet, arms, legs and joints.
- Once the massage is given you will be asked to rest for some time so that the oil penetrates well into the body.
- The massage therapist will then remove the excess oil with tissues. You can then take a warm shower.
Benefits of Abhyanga Massage
- Reduces Stress
- Stimulates Nervous System
- Reduces Muscle Stiffness
- Lowers Blood Pressure Levels
- Promotes Lymphatic Drainage
- Makes the Skin Healthy
- Detoxifies and Rejuvenates the Body
- Lubricates the Joints and Tissues
Abhyanga massage is one of the prominent massage technique that can bring promising results. Call Riverday spa and massage centre in Chennai for an appointment.